Poster Sessions with Reception:
- Plenary Session F:
Friday, October 21st
Crystal Ballroom, Fifth Floor of Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Set-up: 5:00pm – 5:30pm
Session time with Reception: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Guidelines for poster presentations:
- Each poster presenter will be provided with a 4 ft (1.2192m) vertical X 4 ft (1.2192m) horizontal board space on which to mount their poster. Individual 8 ½ inch X 11 inch sheets may be attached to the board so there is no need to bring a large poster.
- All materials can be affixed to board with push pins which will be available on-site for poster mounting.
- No multi-media support or internet is available for poster sessions.
- The poster should present the focus of the inquiry and the way(s) in which it contributes to current scholarship, much like a conference or journal paper.
- The poster format features the visual as a conversation starter. Prepare an attractive poster with large lettering.
- Be very selective in the content you provide on the poster. While some people will stop to hear about your work in detail, many will spend only a few minutes at each poster.
- Use graphic support or objects where appropriate.
- A brief hand-out describing your project (50+ copies recommended) can be used to provide more details.